Junior Office Manager
Dutch + English speaking · Full-time · Amsterdam · No recruiters
We inspire people to add more plants in their lives. We create beautiful plant products for plant people. We educate about plant cultivation and care. We serve private customers as well as B2B customers, all over the world. And last but not least, we’re really nice people.
Office management at Botanopia
The Junior Office Manager at Botanopia is an essential team member. You are responsible for the smooth running of the office. You are the center of communication with our customers and suppliers. You handle the logistics and administration of daily activities.
On a day to day, this means:
- You’re handling emails, problem-solving with customer and suppliers.
- You make sure our customers receive their orders on time and you’re the point of contact person for our shipping company.
- You organize the office and the administration so that everyone at Botanopia can do their work smoothly, with the appropriate tools and documents.
- You keep track of our inventory and re-order supplies on time, so we don’t run out.
Our perfect match is a person who is a quick learner, and who is willing to tackle a multitude of tasks.
Our business is growing fast. We expect your daily tasks and responsibilities to change and grow, and for you to grow along as well. You need to be at ease keeping an overview of several projects at once. You thrive on efficiency and are consistently looking for ways to improve processes.
You’re a team player, working closely with the director, production staff, logistics partner and suppliers.
Your qualifications should show…
- Great communication skills. You’re at ease in English and Dutch, both written and spoken. You can handle issues with customers and suppliers with kindness and professionalism, while keeping the interests of Botanopia and of long-term partnerships in mind.
- You’re a digital native. You’re at ease with the computer, you type fast, you embrace new digital tools & software.
- Tools we’re using every day at the office : WordPress, Trello, the Google Suite (Gmail, Spreadsheets, Docs, Drive), Dropbox.
- The ability to accurately follow procedures and document processes.
- An affinity with numbers and systems. You can be trusted to accurately record inventory, but also administrative paperwork such as invoices.
- A sharp eye for things that needs to be done. You notice when tasks need to be done and anticipate & schedule future tasks.
- You’re stress-resistant. E-commerce is not a business where tasks & customers can just wait for a few more days. You can handle a fast pace and meet deadlines.
- A very hands-on attitude. If you spot something that needs doing, you do it. You’re proactive, and you’re not afraid of a hammer or pallet trolley.
- Interest and experience in e-commerce and plants is a plus.
- French or German as an extra language is also a plus.
The practical details :
- You are available full time (40 hrs/week), Monday to Friday, to work from our office in Amsterdam Nieuw West.
- You live in Amsterdam or environs.
- You are an EU/EAA citizen or already have a work permit for the Netherlands.
We’re looking for a new team member with the right attitude and aptitude, more than specific diplomas. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have a specifically related education.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Junior Office Manager? Then we’d love to hear from you! Apply now.
Send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to use “Let it Grow” as your subject line.
We’re always open to talented interns joining our team to get hands on experience in the field of Product/Graphics design and Marketing/Communication.
Marketing & Communication Intern
As part of the Botanopia Marketing team, your role is to develop inspiring written content for our website and social media.
*The exact start date and duration period of the internship is flexible, ideally lasting around 6 months.*
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP?
- Research & write new content & re-purpose existing content for blog posts, newsletters, and social media posts, as well as scripts for new tutorials/videos.
- Optimize our website for organic traffic (Search Engine Optimisation). You identify relevant keywords, and write informative content to answer questions related to the keyword.
- Assist the development of marketing campaigns.
- Write copy for promotional material and sales guides for our resellers.
- Engage with our social media community.
Accompany us on international trade shows (depending on the corona situation of course…)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You study marketing, journalism, communication or similar related fields. You’re fluent in English (spoken and written). Dutch, French or German as an extra language is a plus.
You’re a digital native, with a good understanding of online shopping and social media. Writing comes naturally to you, you like to play with words, and get people’s attention through your texts.
You’re flexible, can get things done and can take initiative. You are independent, committed, and ready to put your theoretical knowledge from your studies into action for real customers. Bonus if you have an affinity with plants and DIY projects.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You’ll work in a young company, within a small team.
You will have real responsibilities, your work will be directly used and implemented.
You can gain a lot of experience and skills for your future career. There is plenty of room for personal initiative and one on one mentorship. All aspects of the company happen at the office, from product development, prototyping, photography, content creation, sales, marketing, and logistics. You will get a chance to see and participate in all aspects, and be directly involved in any aspect that interest you. You can directly measure your progress and achievements with our audience and customers.
Examples of skills you can learn or develop at Botanopia:
Blog content, Tutorials, E-mail marketing (newsletters, email automation, SEO and Google Shopping/Google Ads, Instagram community management, and much more.
Don’t worry if you don’t have experience with these tasks & software. We can train you. Your mindset and attitude are most important to us.
Our small team is working in one big office space. There is always a team member to help you and to give you the requested guidance. Our plants-filled office is located on the west side of Amsterdam, with a view on the garden. We’re an international bunch, with Dutch, English, and French spoken at the office.
You will receive an internship fee of 500€/month. In addition, you will receive 10 vacation days over a 6 month period.
DOES IT ALL SOUND GOOD TO YOU?
Apply now! We look forward to receiving your application with a CV and motivation letter. Email us with the subject line “Content writing Internship application”.
Product/Graphic Design intern
The studio is focussing on small edition interior products in ceramics, textiles and wood, produced in the Netherlands. As an intern at the studio you will get to experience the entire range of operations from the first idea to final product on store shelves.
During your internship you can expect to learn or develop the following skills, based on your interest and goals:
- prototyping and form study in a variety of materials, mostly analog, sometimes in 3D software
- packaging and product photography
- the business side of running a small design studio, client meetings, pricing of products, setting up quotes and invoices, pitching products to editors, wholesale accounts and more
If you are a product, graphic design or ceramics student interested to apply for an internship for a minimum of 2 months, send your CV and portfolio by email.